The primary directive of ECAS is to engage all associations, agencies, government ministries and businesses associated with the electrical industry in discussion, deliberation and decision making that will positively affect the overall improvement of the industry.
This is accomplished through:
- Tracking issues/events that affect the industry
- Effective and efficient operational and board procedures for the Board of Directors and the general membership
- Committee membership on but not limited to:
- Saskatchewan Construction Association
- Saskatchewan Safety Association
- Liaison Committee (comprised of Sask Power Inspections, Distribution, Licensing, SATCC and Engineering Association.
- Canadian Electrical Contractors Association
- Saskatchewan Bid Depository
- ADVOCACY ISSUES FOR 2019:
Implementation of the “Registered Contractor Program” with SaskPower
Provide members with contact information for enforcement issues on jobsites
Finalizing a document with regulators on changes to the Saskatchewan Electrical Act through participation in the Sk. Electrical Licensing Committee. Items currently being discussed are implementation of a Master’s Program, Home Owners Permits, Mandatory Code renewal for electricians and Bonding changes.
Working with the SCA Advisory Council to finalize Prompt Payment Legislation
Advocate for alternative delivery models with government and SaskPower regulators as it relates to electrical licencing and inspections.
Advocate and prevent the further erosion of the scope of the electrical trade
Communicate to members the enforcement of fire alarm regulations in the province
Participate and expand the newly formed Saskatchewan Electrical Technical Committee
Correspond with the design community to enhance communication and the quality of construction documents