The Electrical Contractors Association of Saskatchewan is an association of electrical contractors, suppliers, engineers and affiliate members who represent the electrical industry at the provincial level and liaise with the Canadian Electrical Contractors Association.
The Association was chartered on August 4th 1958 and its first elected president was Marshall Young. The association was operated by member volunteers until the early 1970’s when the association hired the Saskatchewan Construction Association (SCA) president as the Executive Director for the association. In December 2015, the ECAS Board approved a new operational plan to have the association become independent from the SCA office and employ staff solely dedicated to the work of the association.
Since 2013 the association has grown rapidly and to date represents more than 200 members.
The association works to improve the electrical industry in Saskatchewan by:
· advocating for the industry on legislation, regulations or acts
· providing networking/member engagement opportunities
· developing and delivering industry training activities
· providing organizational and operational excellence
· providing regular communication on the activities and outcomes of the association and the industry
For membership information or more details on the association, please follow the various tabs and links on the site.
Click here for a copy of the History of ECAS the First 25 years 1957-1972 by Norm Roach